Recipe of the Week

spaghetti-dogs



Found on Leftovers on Purpose
I have never seen these anywhere, but LOVE the idea and Pamm from Leftovers on Purpose has a great step by step recipe :)






"It's pretty easy; cut some hot dogs into 1 inch sections.  Because I serve young toddlers, I always cut hot dogs length-wise.  Insert uncooked spaghetti into the dogs (I used whole wheat spaghetti).  It took more time than I thought it would.  If you have little helpers at home, that would be a good job for them."



"Cook according to the directions for the spaghetti."



"I put a toddler meal-sized portion into baggies and into the freezer."


"On the morning I want to serve these, I will take a portion out of the freezer and put into a mini crock pot.  At lunchtime, it will be defrosted and heated through.  I can't wait to see the toddlers' faces when I serve them."


Pamm 

2 comments:

  1. Strange looking yet neat at the same time. what a creative take on hot dogs and spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea! I have winnie and spaghetti eaters. They'll love this. ICarly (a show on nicklelodeon) has spaghetti tacos. And we make those on Tuesdays. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...